I think we can all agree: 2020 came in hot, pelting us with the unexpected. It was like experiencing Kayne West barging onto the stage at the 2009 VMA’s all over again. Despite facing a grab bag full of Covid-related challenges, I’m incredibly grateful for all the support we received this year.
Every single call, email, and text truly touched my heart. To hear how our movie clips helped you and your teams persevere through these unprecedented times really helped solidify why I started MovieComm to begin with.
Here’s what people searched for in 2020
Looking at the data, I saw “hope,” “optimism,” “positivity,” and “determination” reign supreme in terms of our most popular search terms. Given the times, this is exactly what I hoped to see – and words cannot express how humbled me and my team feel knowing we were able to make a difference in your lives.
This year was also a big milestone for us in terms of connecting with our users to gain valuable insight into where we could make improvements to the overall experience on our platform. Thanks to your feedback we’ve implemented some pretty significant upgrades to our user experience. I’m excited to share that over the past year, we’ve introduced the following:
- We developed a new video-based search engine that leverages Artificial Intelligence to help you find the right clip, for the right situation in seconds.
- You can now search by movie, actor, theme, or object.
- You can also search by keyword or a full sentence.
- We added over 5,000 micro clips. Think “talking GIFS.” On average, these short clips are approximately 4.5 seconds in length.
What’s more, for Q1 of 2021, we are unveiling a completely new look and feel to our website and platform. In addition to design upgrades, you can now enjoy the following:
- Examples of how our clients are using the movie clips
- New landing pages specific to business leaders, educators, and trainers.
- We’ve formally introduced a popular service called Custom Solutions. This is a consultative, white-glove offering where we work with you to help solve your communications challenges, including developing strategies to drive employee engagement, spicing up your e-learning and training modules, and enhancing your overall culture.
As we pop the champagne and move into the 2021 year, we will continue expanding upon our technology roadmap – rolling out new features to help you motivate, inspire, and engage like never before.
Once again, thank you for all of your support and encouragement this past year. We can’t wait to see what’s in store for 2021!
CEO and Founder, MovieComm