When you use our Platform, you’re trusting us with your information. This a big responsibility and we work hard to protect your information and put you in control.
INFORMATION MOVIECOMM COLLECTS
We want you to understand the types of information we collect as you use the Platform
We collect information to provide a better Platform to all our users — from figuring out basic stuff like which language you speak, to more complex things like which types of movies you prefer, what industry are you in or how are you using the clips. The information that MovieComm collects, and how that information is used, depends on how you use our Platform and how you manage your privacy controls.
We store the information we collect with unique identifiers tied to the browser, application, or device you’re using. This helps us do things like maintain your language preferences across browsing sessions.
When you’re signed in, we also collect information that we store with your MovieComm Account, which we treat as personal information.
Things you create or provide to us
When you create a MovieComm Account, you provide us with personal information that includes your name and a password. You can also choose to add a phone number or payment information to your account. Even if you aren’t signed in to a MovieComm Account, you might choose to provide us with information — like an email address to receive updates about our Platform. We also collect the content you create and distribute to others when using our Platform. This includes things like the videos you save and comments you make on our Chat tool.
Information we collect as you use the Platform
YOUR APPS, BROWSERS AND DEVICES
We collect information about the apps, browsers, and devices you use to access MovieComm Platform. The information we collect includes unique identifiers, browser type and settings, device type and settings, operating system, mobile network information including carrier name and phone number, and application version number. We also collect information about the interaction of your apps, browsers, and devices with our Platform, including IP address, crash reports, system activity, and the date, time, and referrer URL of your request We collect this information when your device contacts our servers.
We collect information about your activity in our Platform, which we use to do things like recommend a clip you might like. The activity information we collect may include:
- Terms you search for
- Videos you watch
- Views and interactions with content
- Voice and audio information when you use audio features
- Purchase activity
- People with whom you communicate or share content
- Activity on third-party sites and apps that use our Platform
You can visit your MovieComm Account to find and manage activity information that’s saved in your account.
YOUR LOCATION INFORMATION
We collect information about your location when you use our Platform, which helps us ensure that you are viewing clips from a geography that MovieComm has the rights to offer a specific movie/clip in.
Your location can be determined with varying degrees of accuracy by:
- IP address
- Sensor data from your device
- Information about things near your device, such as Wi-Fi access points, cell towers, and Bluetooth-enabled devices
The types of location data we collect depend in part on your device and account settings. For example, you can turn your Android device’s location on or off using the device’s settings app. You can also turn on Location History if you want to create a private map of where you go with your signed-in devices.
In some circumstances, MovieComm also collects information about you from publicly accessible sources. For example, if your name appears in your local newspaper, MovieComm’s Search engine may index that article and use it in helping to personalize the clips presented to you in our marketing band on the Platform. We may also collect information about you from trusted partners, including marketing partners who provide us with information about potential customers of our business Platform, and security partners who provide us with information to protect against abuse. We use various technologies to collect and store information, including cookies, pixel tags, local storage, such as browser web storage or application data caches, databases, and server logs.
WHY MOVIECOMM COLLECTS DATA
We use data to build a better Platform
We use the information we collect from all our Platform for the following purposes:
PROVIDE OUR PLATFORM
We use your information to help deliver our Platform, like determining your location to provide clips that are legally available in that geography, processing the terms you search for in order to return results or helping you share content by suggesting recipients from your contacts.
MAINTAIN AND IMPROVE OUR PLATFORM
We also use your information to ensure our Platform are working as intended, such as tracking outages or troubleshooting issues that you report to us. And we use your information to make improvements to our Platform — for example, understanding which search terms are most frequently misspelled helps us improve spell-check features used across our Platform.
PROVIDE PERSONALIZED PLATFORM, INCLUDING CONTENT AND ADS
We use the information we collect to customize our Platform for you, including providing recommendations, personalized content, and customized search results. Depending on your settings, we may also show you personalized search results on your interests. For example, if you search for “basketball,” you may see more sports related movies when searching the Platform.
We do not show you personalized search results based on sensitive categories, such as race, religion, sexual orientation, or health.
We do not share information that personally identifies you, such as your name or email.
We use data for analytics and measurement to understand how our Platform are used. For example, we analyze data about your visits to our sites to optimize product design. And we use data about the movies/clips you interact with to help understand the performance of the content. We use a variety of tools to do this, including Google Analytics. When you visit sites that use Google Analytics, MovieComm may link information about your activity from that site with activity from other sites that use our Platform.
COMMUNICATE WITH YOU
We use information we collect, like your email address, to interact with you directly. For example, we may send you a notification if we detect suspicious activity, like an attempt to sign in to your MovieComm Account from an unusual location. Or we may let you know about upcoming changes or improvements to our Platform. And if you contact MovieComm, we’ll keep a record of your request in order to help solve any issues you might be facing. Protect MovieComm, our users, and the public
We use information to help improve the safety and reliability of our Platform. This includes detecting, preventing, and responding to fraud, abuse, security risks, and technical issues that could harm MovieComm, our users, our content providers or the public.
We use different technologies to process your information for these purposes. We use automated systems that analyze your content to provide you with things like customized search results or other features tailored to how you use our Platform. And we analyze your content to help us detect abuse such as malware, and illegal content. We also use algorithms to recognize patterns in data.
We may combine the information we collect among our Platform and across your devices for the purposes described above.
YOUR PRIVACY CONTROLS
You have choices regarding the information we collect and how it's used. Managing, reviewing, and updating your information
We also built a place for you to review and control information saved in your MovieComm Account. Your MovieComm Account includes:
Decide what types of activity you’d like saved in your account. For example, you can turn on Location History if you want traffic predictions for your daily commute, or you can save your YouTube Watch History to get better video suggestions.
Manage your preferences about the movies/clips shown to you on MovieComm and on sites and apps that partner with MovieComm. You can modify your interests, choose whether your personal information is used to make content more relevant to you.
My Activity allows you to review and control data that’s created when you use MovieComm Platform, like searches you’ve done or your visits to MovieComm. You can browse by date and by topic, and delete part or all of your activity.
YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Manage your contact information, such as your name, email, and phone number through My Account.
Removing and deleting your information
You can also request to remove personal content from the MovieComm Platform based on applicable law.
To delete your information, you can:
- Search for and then delete specific items from your account using My Account
- Delete your entire MovieComm Account There are other ways to control the information MovieComm collects whether or not you’re signed in to a MovieComm Account, including:
- Browser settings: For example, you can configure your browser to indicate when MovieComm has set a cookie in your browser. You can also configure your browser to block all cookies from a specific domain or all domains. But remember that our Platform rely on cookies to function properly, for things like remembering your language preferences.
- Device-level settings: Your device may have controls that determine what information we collect. For example, you can modify location settings on your Android device.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
When you share your information
Our Platform lets you share information with other people, and you have control over how you share. For example, you can share videos publicly or you can decide to keep your videos private.
When MovieComm shares your information
We do not share your personal information with companies, organizations, or individuals outside of MovieComm except in the following cases:
WITH DOMAIN ADMINISTRATORS
If you’re a student or work for an organization that uses MovieComm Platform, your domain administrator who manages your account will have access to your MovieComm Account. They may be able to:
- Access and retain information stored in your account, like your email
- View statistics regarding your account, like how many apps you install
- Change your account password
- Suspend or terminate your account access
- Receive your account information in order to satisfy applicable law, regulation, legal process, or enforceable governmental request
- Restrict your ability to delete or edit your information or your privacy settings
FOR EXTERNAL PROCESSING
FOR LEGAL REASONS
We will share personal information outside of MovieComm if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation, or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- Meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or enforceable governmental request. We share information about the number and type of requests we receive from governments in our Transparency Report.
- Enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, or technical issues.
- Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of MovieComm, our users, or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners — like publishers, advertisers, developers, or rights holders. For example, we share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our Platform. We also allow specific partners to collect information from your browser or device for advertising and measurement purposes using their own cookies or similar technologies.
KEEPING YOUR INFORMATION SECURE
We build security into our Platform to protect information
The MovieComm Platform is built with strong security features that continuously protect your information. The insights we gain from maintaining our Platform help us detect and block security threats from ever reaching you. And if we do detect something risky that we think you should know about, we’ll notify you and help guide you through steps to stay better protected.
We work hard to protect you and MovieComm from unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of information we hold, including:
- We use encryption to keep your data private while in transit
- We review our information collection, storage, and processing practices, including physical security measures, to prevent unauthorized access to our systems
- We restrict access to personal information to MovieComm employees, contractors, and agents who need that information in order to process it. Anyone with this access is subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
DELETING YOUR INFORMATION
You can delete your information from your MovieComm Account at any time
To delete your information, you can:
- Delete your content from specific MovieComm Platform
- Search for and then delete specific items from your account using My Activity
- Delete your entire MovieComm Account
RETAINING YOUR INFORMATION
We retain the data we collect for different periods of time depending on what it is, how we use it, and how you configure your settings:
- Some data you can delete whenever you like, such as the content you create or upload. You can also delete activity information saved in your account, or choose to have it deleted automatically after a set period of time.
- Other data is deleted or anonymized automatically after a set period of time.
- We keep some data until you delete your MovieComm Account, such as information about how often you use our Platform.
- And some data we retain for longer periods of time when necessary for legitimate business or legal purposes, such as security, fraud and abuse prevention, or financial record-keeping.
When you delete data, we follow a deletion process to make sure that your data is safely and completely removed from our servers or retained only in anonymized form. We try to ensure that our Platform protect information from accidental or malicious deletion. Because of this, there may be delays between when you delete something and when copies are deleted from our active and backup systems.
COMPLAINCE & COOPERATION WITH REGULATORS
We utilize servers around the world and your information may be processed on servers located outside of the country where you live. Data protection laws vary among countries, with some providing more protection than others. Regardless of where your information is processed, we apply the protections described in this policy.
When we receive formal written complaints, we respond by contacting the person who made the complaint. We work with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including local data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of your data that we cannot resolve with you directly.
ABOUT THIS POLICY
When this policy applies
Changes to this policy